Brass Marine Gallery Clock Case

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Bruce Barnes, Mar 22, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    I am looking at the above captioned clock and the original works are missing.The dial has the two ports for the arbors but the F/S adjustment lever is accessed from the back of the case at the 12 o'clock position.
    Does anyone have a clue as to who made a balance wheel mechanism that the F/S is adjusted through an aperture at the back plate:???:
    Thanks,
    Bruce

2. soaringjoy

soaringjoy Registered User

Feb 12, 2009
    Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bruce, are you talking ships bell clock?
    German makers for instance called almost all of their balance wheel wall clocks "marine clocks".
    Maybe you can show us the case.

3. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Possibly New Haven. I have their porcelain clock the Thistle. Time only with double winding arbors. The S/F lever is accessed by opening a round door. In a brass case, possibly the same movement could be used with an acess point through an aperture as you describe (if I am understanding you correctly. Let's see the pix. Below is what I have on the Thistle.

4. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks Gentlemen,this is a time only,all brass gallery type clock and the adjustment lever/bar would exit from am opening at the top rear of the case just below the circular casting rim.It is currently at auction so I can't post pictures. The case is like this one that I own Gay Engineering.jpg
    Bruce

5. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is strange. I see the slow-fast opening on the dial, right below the XII. My guess for the clock in the picture is that it has the ST#10 movement. We have seen a similar clock in this forum before.SUhralt

6. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Uhralt,you are correct.......this is my clock (in the photo) I used as an example of the case and clock in question

7. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Ohh, sorry I misunderstood.
    Uhralt