Bradley Pocket Watch - How to open the case ???

Bob Weit

Dec 30, 2020
Country
Hello all - I searched the forums for "Bradley Pocket Watch" and finding nothing, I figured I would toss out my question - does anyone know how to open this case? An old friend asked me to see if I could get her mother's watch going, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to open this case. It won't unscrew and I don't see any slots/recesses for a case knife to pop open either the front or the back......

I am hoping that one of you has seen something similar and can give me some insight before I take my plumbers wrench to it...<kidding>... (maybe)..
Thanks in advance for any help !!!
Bob

IMG_9914.JPG IMG_9916.JPG IMG_9917.JPG

viclip

NAWCC Member
Jul 20, 2018
Country
Have you tried unscrewing it using one of those gooey underinflated rubber balls?

Reactions: Dr. Jon

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Hi,
This watch has really no value, if not sentimental maybe the case is in gold plated maillechort and the movement is as said above certainly a quartz.

Amicalement GG

Bob Weit

Dec 30, 2020
Country
Thanks all - I also thought it was a quartz movement, but it winds..... I have tried the rubber ball and the flat rubber sheets people use to open jar lids.. And I was kidding about the plumber's wrench. If I can't get it open, that is what I will tell my friend, but I was hoping for success....

Thanks - Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
che63
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre