Boulevard watch

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by ccmnova, May 16, 2006.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. ccmnova

ccmnova Guest

I have an old Boulevard mens watch (rect face, sep second hand) that i believe is from the 1940's. I wear this watch regularly and have had it fixed (cleaned, stem replaced) three times over the last 20 years. There is a history of the watch repairs listed inside the case going back to 1960. Does anyone know who manufactured this watch and where it was made ?
    ccmnova@comcast.net

2. ccmnova

ccmnova Guest

I have an old Boulevard mens watch (rect face, sep second hand) that i believe is from the 1940's. I wear this watch regularly and have had it fixed (cleaned, stem replaced) three times over the last 20 years. There is a history of the watch repairs listed inside the case going back to 1960. Does anyone know who manufactured this watch and where it was made ?
    ccmnova@comcast.net

3. Tom Huber

Tom Huber Registered User

Dec 9, 2000
    I was told by an old jeweler that these were a Bulova product made, imported and sold during WW-II. The Boulevard name was used somehow to get by the wartime production limits imposed on Bulova and other watch companies. Has anyone else heard this?

Tom

4. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    An outfit named Mead(e) imported them-I have one with an AS movement that is well finished and about as reliable as anything else.

5. ccmnova

ccmnova Guest

I have heard of "Mead" - were these Boulevard watches Swiss made and any idea of the time period - 1940's ?

6. John F

John F Registered User

Sep 28, 2001
    M.A. Mead & Co., a Chicago watch distributor, trademarked the "Boulevard" name in 1922 for use on both watches and cases. I believe the name appears on both US-made and imported products.

7. ccmnova

ccmnova Guest

So Mead was not a watchmaker and only marketed the Boulevard name and the watch that they imported. I believe that the watch that I have is from the 40's but really don't know how to establish a timeperiod. Thanks for the information.