Bought a Sort of Nice Calendar Clock - Need Info

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Mike B., Mar 3, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hi -

I stumbled upon this clock at a sale. I know more about pocket watches than clocks, but know enough to assume that this is a decent clock. :) It is about 20 1/2 inches tall. Is this an Ithaca no. 3 1/2 parlor calendar clock? Not sure if I identified it correctly. Also, can anyone tell if the dial appears to be original?

It runs, and appears to be in excellent condition. The only problem I see is that the minute hand has broken off; (it was like this when I bought it, and I found the broken hand in the case). It looks like the hand has been soldered back together in the past, so I will either need to repair it again, or find a replacement. If anyone can help with this, please let me know.

I'm not entirely sure how to set the calendar, but do see that this might be done by opening the back and pushing up and down on a lever in there. There is also a wire that protrudes through the top of the case, presumably to set the calendar. Any help there would also be appreciated.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my find of the year...

Mike

Ithica4.jpg Ithica3.jpg Ithica2.jpg Ithica1.jpg

2. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Building Official
    Manassas, VA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It does appear to be an Ithaca 3-1/2 model. It has a one piece backboard, black dial with interior circle application, silver lettering and case carvings that peg it as the later of the to full column models. The lower glass and glass pendulum may not be original to this case. The glass could have come from another Ithaca though and I'm not sure about the pendulum. You can go onto the Internet and search for Ithaca Calendar Clock Company and find the calendar setting instruction.

As a caution... I believe that 3-1/2's exist that are complete reproductions (good ones too). I don't think your clock fits into that category though.

3. Jeremy Woodoff

Jeremy Woodoff Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We should all stumble upon such clocks!