Black Forest Postman's Clock - Repair

Pipolata

Apr 7, 2021
Country
I am in the process of repairing my Mum's Black Forest Postman's Clock as a surprise.

I am looking for a clock face and glass cover. The face is of wood construction. The mechanism works well but the clock face is in disrepair and the glass face is broken.

I am looking for sources to purchase these items from. Or if someone has a similar clock with the mechanism not working that I can purchase

I welcome your ideas and support.

Thanks

Pipolata

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

I am a bit confused as to what you are actually looking for. Do you mean your clock has no dial or that it needs repainting? Replacement glasses can be obtained from the clock material suppliers such as Meadows & Passmore or Cousins.

If you could post some pictures of what you have, it would be easier to help.

JTD

Pipolata

Apr 7, 2021
Country
Welcome to the board.

I am a bit confused as to what you are actually looking for. Do you mean your clock has no dial or that it needs repainting? Replacement glasses can be obtained from the clock material suppliers such as Meadows & Passmore or Cousins.

If you could post some pictures of what you have, it would be easier to help.

JTD
Hi JTD

The clock face has warped and needs repainting.

Thanks for info about clock material suppliers. Will they also provide clock faces?

Pipolata

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Thanks for info about clock material suppliers. Will they also provide clock faces?
No, you can't buy replacement wooden dials. You can either get the one you have repaired and repainted (which would be the best way) or you could look for a second hand one, which would be difficult as you would need to have the exact size and hole distance..

But as I said earlier, it would really help to advise you if you would post photos of what you have.

JTD

Pipolata

Apr 7, 2021
Country
No, you can't buy replacement wooden dials. You can either get the one you have repaired and repainted (which would be the best way) or you could look for a second hand one, which would be difficult as you would need to have the exact size and hole distance..

But as I said earlier, it would really help to advise you if you would post photos of what you have.

JTD
Where would I get clock face repaired and repainted?
Xx

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Where would I get clock face repaired and repainted?
Xx
Please show us what you have. It is very difficult to advise without knowing what is required. There are many dial painters, some better than others. but we do need a photo to see what the damage is and what sort of repairer/repainter you want.

JTD

Pipolata

Apr 7, 2021
Country
Please show us what you have. It is very difficult to advise without knowing what is required. There are many dial painters, some better than others. but we do need a photo to see what the damage is and what sort of repairer/repainter you want.

JTD
Sorry for tardy response. Personal issues occurring. I will provide photos when I have time.
Thanks for your interest
Pipolata

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClockWonderer
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff