• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Black Forest Cuckoo Clock ID

cgarrr

Apr 8, 2016
Southern California
Country
Region
Last edited by a moderator:

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

Your clock is a relatively modern German cuckoo, but it would help if you took off the back and posted a photo of the movement. There might well be the maker's name on the back plate. Even if there isn't, it may still be possible to identify the movement.

The label says the music box movement itself was made by Cuendet. I have a feeling they are no longer in business but I may be wrong about that.

Hope that helps.

JTD

cgarrr

Apr 8, 2016
Southern California
Country
Region
Welcome to the board.

Your clock is a relatively modern German cuckoo, but it would help if you took off the back and posted a photo of the movement. There might well be the maker's name on the back plate. Even if there isn't, it may still be possible to identify the movement.

The label says the music box movement itself was made by Cuendet. I have a feeling they are no longer in business but I may be wrong about that.

Hope that helps.

JTD
thank you! i will take a photo of the back and post it

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi, cgar84, welcome to the message board. Your clock would date to anywhere from the 1970's to yesterday. These occasionally will have a date written on the back door.

Peixian

Feb 29, 2016
Country
welcome to this forum, the clock in the pics you shared is really interesting and unique. Sorry that I fail to give you some information about your clock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo Joyce
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent