Black Forest Clock

M

mommaoftwingirls

Hi, I hope you don't mind my asking, but I don't know who I could ask...
I wanted to purchase a Black Forest clock for my mother for her birthday. She fell in love with them on her trip to Germany years ago, but my father insisted on brining home a Cuckoo (sp) clock. I really wanted to buy her a Black forest clock like she always wanted, but I am unsure of how to go about it, and also what I can expect to spend. Any advice or suggestions would be truely appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Melanie

M

mommaoftwingirls

Hi, I hope you don't mind my asking, but I don't know who I could ask...
I wanted to purchase a Black Forest clock for my mother for her birthday. She fell in love with them on her trip to Germany years ago, but my father insisted on brining home a Cuckoo (sp) clock. I really wanted to buy her a Black forest clock like she always wanted, but I am unsure of how to go about it, and also what I can expect to spend. Any advice or suggestions would be truely appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Melanie

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Or search Ebay using "Black Forest" as your search words. Check the description - some can be purchased that have been serviced recently, so they're a fairly good gamble.

J

Juan

Hi, I guess with Black Forest clock you mean the Shield clock, if so check this website of Rombach und Haas Black Forest clocks manufacturer: http://www.black-forest-clock.de/ they make beautiful shield clocks and also you can send them your ideas about a design you wish, even they can write dates of wedding, birthdays... on the dial. Also Hönes, another Black Forest clocks manufacturer make Shield clocks, download their 2005 catalogue in: http://www.blackforestgifts.com/cuckoo_clocks.html in the last pages of it there are several shield clocks. Hönes manufacturer e-mail: info@hoenes-uhren.de
About shops, for example take a look at this one in the Black Forest: http://www.hausder1000uhren.de/ProductTree.php?CategoryID=32
The price depends on the size, design... Regards.

C

chasbaz

Hi Melanie,

If you mean the traditional wood-framed wall clock, usually called a 'wag on the wall' here, these quite often turn up on eBay. As long as the wooden dial is not split, these clocks are easy to fix if they are not working or have parts missing.

Best wishes,
Charles

cucoclock

Jul 17, 2005
Santander, Spain
www.cucoclock.com
Country
Hello Melanie,

I think you must consider what kind of Black Forest clock your mother prefer.

Does she prefer an antique Black Forest Clock, or a new Black Forest clock?

I think antiques Black Forest clocks are better than new ones. But you must think about your mother's clock preferences.

Other question is: what kind of Black Forest clock?

There are a lot Black Forest clocks, one of them is the cuckoo clock. Very popular. But there are other tipes very nice also.

I agree with Charles, you can find on ebay some interesting Black Forest clocks.

If you are not an expert you can ask someone before buying on ebay.

New clocks are often in perfect working order, but antiques clocks need to know something about clocks before buying.

Buying antiques clocks you must consider the restoration work necesary before purchase is ended.

Sometimes you find on ebay very interesting antiques Black Forest clocks, that after some restoration work can be in a good shape.

I hope this help you.

Kind regards,
Miguel :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UltraTitan
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit