Birge and Mallory Co. Ogee lower glass info

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by klokwiz, May 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. klokwiz

klokwiz Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Feb 4, 2009
    WRENCH
    Annapolis, MD
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 klokwiz, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Hi,

I have a Birge and Mallory Ogee brass strap approx 36x18 inches. the lower glass has an old mirror replacement. It is a nice old mirror but I think the panel may not have been a mirror originally. Correct me if I'm wrong but mirrors were normally held in with wood backing and nails. The frame on this has remnants of old putty like it had a reverse glass puttied in originally. If someone can confirm that old mirrors were also puttied, I'd love to hear about it.

I would also welcome any photos of large Birge Ogee clocks with reverse glass, if it ends up it must have been this way originally.

thanks for your help, Joe

View attachment 344133