BIFORA electronic

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Burkhard Rasch, Apr 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    my contributions to this part of the MB are infrequent since I´m more a clock guy,and in the field of watches I´m more interested in pocket watches than in wrist watches,but my first purchase on a flea market this year was this: BIFORA electronic.The seller explained he needed 20€ for it since it was an automatic watch.I could convince him that it was an electric watch by showing him the battery cover,and I had tested the balance was intact by giving the watch a sharp twist and seeing that the seconds hand moved foreward in verry small increments for about 2-3 seconds.He reduced the price to 15€.
    I cleaned the battery compartment and the case and spend a new leather strip and it´s running now for 2 weeks and keeping exellent time,day/date are also working properly.I´ve learned that this movement was produced only for a short period of 1972/73.It has two tiny coils moving on the balance wheel and 4 little permanent magnets attached to the plate.The movement is realy small compared with others of that time.
    Burkhard