Beveled Glass needed

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
There is a company in Florida, I forgot the name, I believe something with AA? They are specialized in making custom beveled glass. They want you to send the frame, or the broken glass, or a template to make the replacement (frame preferred). They do very good work. They advertise in the Mart. As a NAWCC member you should be able to look it up.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
There is a company in Florida, I forgot the name, I believe something with AA?
If I remember right, this is the AA Glass Services Co. in St. Petersburg, Florida. They have a good reputation and they do beveled clock glass.

JTD

Dave T

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2011
NC
Country
Region
If I remember right, this is the AA Glass Services Co. in St. Petersburg, Florida. They have a good reputation and they do beveled clock glass.

JTD
Yes, I've used them and they do good quality work. But don't get in a hurry! Expect to wait for a while.

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region
There is a guy in Petaluma or Novato, I cant find his card right now, but I have used him and he does excellent work. He bevels by hand on 100+ year old equipment. I believe he advertises in the Mart. If I find his card, I will post. Try contacting the guys from Chapt 5 or 107 they may know how to reach him.

Bruce Alexander

Donor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hanover, PA
www.testoftimeclocks.com
Country
Region
The Glass Guy in Novato, CA name is Eric Hansen. He does advertise in the Mart. I normally use AA Glass Service in Florida, but I've dealt with Eric once before. He does good work, in my experience, at reasonable prices but you better call him. He doesn't seem to respond to his e-mails very well. Here is his contact information:

Eric Hansen
11 Heather Lane
Novato, CA 94947
(415) 765-0805
erchansen@gmail.com

and AA's...

AA Glass Service
2920 9th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33704
(727) 822-4400
aaglassservice@yahoo.com

Either way it will take some time and money to get your Crystal Regulator's glass properly restored.

Good luck.

Bruce

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region

JTD
Yes, that's them! Thanks for helping my memory out!

Uhralt

Bruce Alexander

Donor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hanover, PA
www.testoftimeclocks.com
Country
Region
I used a long long time ago, scene then I heard the guy pasted & his son was trying to do the business & not doing well.
Hey Lloyd,

You may be thinking about Carter's Glass Service. He was the brother and his son was the nephew of the AA Glass Service Owner. Like you said, for whatever reason there were some serious problems with customer service once the son took over. I don't even know if he is still in the clock glass business.

AA Glass Service seems solid and responsible. I've never had a bad experience with them, but Eric is relatively close to you and I think he does good work. He's just kind of hard to get through to via e-mail. At least that's been my limited experience with him.

Regards,

Bruce

PaulWeber

Feb 10, 2017
Country
Eric Is making my glass as we speak.
I have actually been in his shop.
I think he has been to my shop, Maybe
How did Eric do? Do you have any comments about his work, and would you recommend him? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banci
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-