Bestfit jewel assortment #565

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by topspy, Jan 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. topspy

topspy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Male
    Video engineer
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Does anyone have the Bestfit Seitz jewel assortment #565? I'm looking for the chart that comes with it. I have a lot of refill envelopes of jewels for this assortment, but they just give bottle number, not size. I'd like to incorporate the jewels into one of my Seitz assortments but measuring every jewel is a non-starter.

For that matter.... Perhaps all charts of this sort should be documented somewhere? I have Bestfit staff assortments for example but I finally found a chart for that one......

If you have this chart, please contact me if you can take the time to send me a photo of it.... Thanks

2. DeweyC

DeweyC Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Watchmaker
    Baltimore
    Country Flag:
    I have a set of 565. It lines up with the position numbers given for the 400 system in the back of the BestfitEncyclopedia Part 2 book. The section is about 15 pages long. These two books are well worth buying (I would say essential for vintage work).

3. topspy

topspy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Male
    Video engineer
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for the reply. I have the Bestfit Encyclopedia #111A volume 2. Not sure if it differs from #111, nor am I sure what year it is. I don't find that section in it that give position number and contents in numerical order. It shows the 400 system which seems to primarily be composed of shock system parts, but nowhere I see does it give a numerically ordered list for position. It's the only Bestfit book I have so far.

I did find a partial list on the web. It was a photo but was partially obscured. Vial #35 for example was a 9/72 jewel. This means I probably can't incorporate these into my Seitz sets as they go by increments of 10 for the diameter: 60,70,80,90,100 etc. No provision for a 72!

4. DeweyC

DeweyC Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Watchmaker
    Baltimore
    Country Flag:
    My 565 envelopes are all shock material so I never knew it included the friction jewels as well. All of mine are marked bottles.

Part one is where the table of staffs by size is. Very important.

5. topspy

topspy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Male
    Video engineer
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have some 400 system parts as well. On the left is one of the many 565 refills I have and the other is from the 400 system. In this case the 565 envelope would be vial #61.

bestfit.JPG

6. oic55

oic55 Registered User

Aug 21, 2009
    Hi Topspy,
    Please see attached for the Bestfit 565 Jewel assortment list. This should have what you are looking for.

Hope it helps.

Don

Attached Files:

topspy likes this.
  7. topspy

topspy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Male
    Video engineer
    Oregon
    Country Flag: