Benrus Identification Guide

MikeC

Aug 14, 2005
Montreal
time.currangroup.net
Country
Does anyone know of an identification guide specific to Benrus watches. The only reference I have is the annual Complete Price Guide to Watches. While this is a great resource it doesn't have a lot of information on Benrus Wrist Watches. I'd like to have more data, such as model numbers and years. I have a collection of about 25 watches and would like to be able to date them.
Thanks,
Mike

aunt nene

Jan 26, 2011
Hi MikeC I do not know how much help this will be but there is a site called "Watches for Romainia" or something like it. Since the original Lasrus brothers were from romainia maybe they are related somehow. They do have some information on Benrus movements. I have not found any information on serial number or years of production. I have been researching benrus watches for the last year and found this site interesting. Good luck Jeanine

aunt nene

Jan 26, 2011
Hi Mike I am glad you found the site. If you need any benrus parts I will happy to help. I do not have all calibers but I have quite a few. Shoot me a PM. Thanks Jeanine

aunt nene

Jan 26, 2011
Hi Mike I just looked at your site and thank you for the credits. Wow that is great. I love your site. I have been so wrapped up in the benrus watches trying to put some together from the parts I have. A friend of mine in Nova Scotia has been helping me and has built 5 of the alarm watches from NOS movements and dials and cases. These were not used they are new. If you would like pictures I am happy to share. I am very proud of my little darlings and to Martin that worked on them. Thank you again Aunt Nene(Jeanine)

lewfer

May 18, 2013
I know it's been a while since the last post to this thread, but can anyone help me identify this Benrus watch which I inherited from my grandmother. The movement inside is a Benrus CZ252.
Thanks,
Lew
Benrus 2.jpg

Last edited:

Lovelace

New User
Nov 17, 2021
Country
Hi Mike I just looked at your site and thank you for the credits. Wow that is great. I love your site. I have been so wrapped up in the benrus watches trying to put some together from the parts I have. A friend of mine in Nova Scotia has been helping me and has built 5 of the alarm watches from NOS movements and dials and cases. These were not used they are new. If you would like pictures I am happy to share. I am very proud of my little darlings and to Martin that worked on them. Thank you again Aunt Nene(Jeanine)
Hi, I just wanted to say that I know that this post is very old, however, I have a Benrus alarm watch movement and still in the case and it works alarm and all if any of you are looking for one, thanks! Lisa...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Docwho27
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner