• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Beat Rate needed ?

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Usually it takes a couple of washers, or lead weights, inside the pendulum to make the old pendulum rate with a few threads left on the rating rod.

Lately, I've been using two 50 caliber lead rifle balls, one on each side of the rating rod. I flatten then to about 1/4" thick.

Willie X

TEACLOCKS

NAWCC Member
Mar 22, 2005
Santa Rosa Calif.
www.weserviceallclocks.com
Country
Region
I use to add some kind of weight to slow the clock down, in this kind of situation. I though it was hokey BUT the way the movements are made anymore, SO What.
I lengthened the pendulum around 1/2", Tried it, too fast still, so I add 2 washers to the bottom inside of the pendulum.
Now to slow so going up with the bob a little, Just about there.
1 or so turns should get it, Then Voila junk on junk
But Running on time.
Thanks for the push backwards.
Sometimes I need that.

DSCF8784.JPG DSCF8785.JPG

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
You can get the proper BPH on any clock with your counter. Turn the counter on to count beats and mark a spot on the dial. Start the counter at the mark and run it for a full revolution of the minute hand. Stop it on the mark and note the beats. That is the BPH. You can get better accuracy by running the hand around 3 or 4 times and averaging the count by the number of revolutions ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helplessfanatic12
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-