Bazeley and Harding spherical clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Jase, Sep 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jase

Jase Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Midlands
    Country Flag:
    hi
    Can someone please advise on
    What is the difference between a Bazeley and Harding spherical clock and a Sinclair and Harding spherical clock as there seems to be a huge price difference but look the same clock. I have tried to research and can find very little about either clock .
    Thank you

2. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    oakland, ca.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    never seen either... but i would image photos would help inform the discussion (including movements). have you tried googling?

3. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    oakland, ca.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  4. Jase

Jase Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Midlands
    Country Flag:
    This is the one advertised as Sinclair and Harding

B9445B6D-F127-4BFB-8D61-B8D5D864D49C.png 06E83829-B18A-4A1F-A841-BA52A8C899F9.png

5. Jase

Jase Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Midlands
    Country Flag:
    This is the Harding and Bazeley
    Yes I have googled them and it brings up little information and I cannot understand the huge difference in price

Thank you for any information

6B753C71-37CD-427B-9DEC-2755C51B2C12.jpeg 315E3E4E-2DB2-4609-9CFF-3D0A91E46B4F.jpeg 107D7F38-6843-4212-BFA3-69BF2C7C6E8F.jpeg

6. zedric

zedric Registered User

Aug 8, 2012
    Isn't the difference in price just the difference between new and old? Sinclair Harding are operating and making clocks, so clocks sold by them are new, while Bazeley and Harding are no longer in business.

7. Jase

Jase Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Midlands
    Country Flag:
    Hi
    I know I cannot ask for a valuation on here , but can anyone recommend somewhere honest and genuine where I can take the clock for a valuation as I am looking to sell and how would be the best way to go about it
    Thank you

8. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    You can ask for a value opinion on this site. Scroll down to the very bottom of the main page and you will see the section 'What's this clock worth'. You can post your question there

Otherwise you could ask a reputable local (you don't say where you are in UK) auction house to give you their opinion.

JTD

9. Jase

Jase Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Midlands
    Country Flag:
    Hi
    Thank you that is great , I have just done that and can’t seem to post , it just shows previous ones . Please excuse my technical inadequate knowledge. How do I post it there . Thank you

10. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Go back to the 'What's it wprth' section. You will see a link in bold type above the reply box which says 'Contact Moderator'. Contact him and tell him of your problem.

JTD

11. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    You must first check “Discussing Values” in the Personal Details section of your profile. That provides the terms of the forum. Otherwise, you cannot access the forum.

You can access your profile by clicking on your avatar in the upper right hand corner of the screen; then select Personal Details. You can also access the Personal Details section of your profile by clicking on the third line of the introductory banner above the Value Forums, as below.

"These forums provide a place for open discussion of the value of specific items.
    Registered message board users are free to ask questions about and offer personal opinions on the value of specific items in ONLY these 4 forums.

CLICK HERE to agree to the special Value Forum rules/disclaimers & permission to post ."