• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Barr & Poole Barr Electric

drockettman

Jun 8, 2014
I am interested in any information regarding Barr Electric Clocks.
How many manufactured? Years of manufacturing? Are there various styles? Where is a good explanation of the Hipp movement and how it works, both electrically and mechanically? How well does the clock keep time? Were all bases walnut in color?

I just acquired an older Barr off Ebay and after re-hooking a spring; it started running. However, it stopped about 10 hours later for what is now a known reason (gears binding). But, I am interested in doing a full teardown and restoration on the clock. So. . .I am looking for any and all information I can obtain. This is my first Barr to work on and my old clock buddy who is very knowledgeable of clocks and history, in business for 40 years had never seen or heard of one.

Look forward to any info and direction members can point me.
Thanks

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I wonder if you might get more response if you posted your enquiry in the Electric Horology section.

Maybe a moderator could move it for you.

JTD

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I have moved this thread to the Electric HGorology forum which is a more appropriate location and where it may receive more replies and more betterer replies.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVGB
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit