Barr & Poole Barr Electric

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by drockettman, Nov 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. drockettman

drockettman Registered User

Jun 8, 2014
    I am interested in any information regarding Barr Electric Clocks.
    How many manufactured? Years of manufacturing? Are there various styles? Where is a good explanation of the Hipp movement and how it works, both electrically and mechanically? How well does the clock keep time? Were all bases walnut in color?

I just acquired an older Barr off Ebay and after re-hooking a spring; it started running. However, it stopped about 10 hours later for what is now a known reason (gears binding). But, I am interested in doing a full teardown and restoration on the clock. So. . .I am looking for any and all information I can obtain. This is my first Barr to work on and my old clock buddy who is very knowledgeable of clocks and history, in business for 40 years had never seen or heard of one.

Look forward to any info and direction members can point me.
    Thanks

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    I wonder if you might get more response if you posted your enquiry in the Electric Horology section.

Maybe a moderator could move it for you.

JTD

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    I have moved this thread to the Electric HGorology forum which is a more appropriate location and where it may receive more replies and more betterer replies.