• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Barr & Poole Barr Clock

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
Recently a Barr clock came in for repair. I checked the MB archives for information and have requested a reprint of The Oct. 2000 Bullitin article by Edwin V Sowers. The NAWCC library has not responded yet.
The clock has a wood base,with spirit level, round glass dome, dial has seconds bit, Arabic numerals, seems to have the original pendulum. The dial is marked "Barr" and "Barr Mfg.Corp.Weedsport, N.Y. USA"
Can anyone give me background information about the clock?
Many Thanks,
Dick

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
Recently a Barr clock came in for repair. I checked the MB archives for information and have requested a reprint of The Oct. 2000 Bullitin article by Edwin V Sowers. The NAWCC library has not responded yet.
The clock has a wood base,with spirit level, round glass dome, dial has seconds bit, Arabic numerals, seems to have the original pendulum. The dial is marked "Barr" and "Barr Mfg.Corp.Weedsport, N.Y. USA"
Can anyone give me background information about the clock?
Many Thanks,
Dick

Julian Smith

Sep 1, 2000
Visit site
I had one in my shop too.After cleaning the contact points and toggle switch it ran fine. but the collar that gives friction to the hands had split letting the hands flop.The owner couldn't wait for me to take the clock down to make another collar so he took it with him.Jesse Coleman has a page or so on these clocks in his book..Probably can borrow it from the AWI library.
J Smith

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReyes11
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.