Barr & Poole Barr Clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Dick Feldman, Aug 17, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dick Feldman

Dick Feldman Registered User

Sep 1, 2000
    Colorado, usa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Recently a Barr clock came in for repair. I checked the MB archives for information and have requested a reprint of The Oct. 2000 Bullitin article by Edwin V Sowers. The NAWCC library has not responded yet.
    The clock has a wood base,with spirit level, round glass dome, dial has seconds bit, Arabic numerals, seems to have the original pendulum. The dial is marked "Barr" and "Barr Mfg.Corp.Weedsport, N.Y. USA"
    Can anyone give me background information about the clock?
    Many Thanks,
    Dick

2. Dick Feldman

Dick Feldman Registered User

Sep 1, 2000
    Colorado, usa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Recently a Barr clock came in for repair. I checked the MB archives for information and have requested a reprint of The Oct. 2000 Bullitin article by Edwin V Sowers. The NAWCC library has not responded yet.
    The clock has a wood base,with spirit level, round glass dome, dial has seconds bit, Arabic numerals, seems to have the original pendulum. The dial is marked "Barr" and "Barr Mfg.Corp.Weedsport, N.Y. USA"
    Can anyone give me background information about the clock?
    Many Thanks,
    Dick

3. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Registered User

Sep 1, 2000
    I had one in my shop too.After cleaning the contact points and toggle switch it ran fine. but the collar that gives friction to the hands had split letting the hands flop.The owner couldn't wait for me to take the clock down to make another collar so he took it with him.Jesse Coleman has a page or so on these clocks in his book..Probably can borrow it from the AWI library.
    J Smith