Ball Watch Co./SethThomas regulator clock dial & bob door glass restoration

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by BRPConductor, Oct 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BRPConductor

BRPConductor New Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I recently purchased a Ball/Seth Thomas Antique Regulator Clock. Although hard to read the clock face has printed on it "BALL WATCH CO. CLEVELAND". Also, tags found inside state "Regulator Clock out of Railroad Freight Depot", and "My Dad's, from R.R. Freight Depot, 100 yrs plus. There is no way to authenticate these tags. The case is a medium oak wood and measures 24" tall by 16" wide. The clock face and case are in fair condition with signs of wear consistent with its age. The dial has been repainted over the original finish, leaving the Ball Watch Co. wording.I am planing to have the case restored locally. I had sent the dial to The Dial House, but they do not do a restoration to original, instead using a "crackle" finish to simulate aging. I came across a thread on the NAWCC when researching the dial that led me to believe that amoung the many very talented people on this forum, there may be someone who could restore the dial. The clock has a 123D movement and I have been told is somewhat rare. Oh, I apologize, I am a new member and look forward to having the opportunity to learn. Thanks!!

ball_seth_thomas-dial(1).jpg ball_seth_thomas_dial(2).jpg ball_seth_thomas_labels.jpg