Ball Clock Co. Cleveland Ohio

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by CindyGlen, Feb 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CindyGlen

CindyGlen New Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Can someone please tell me if the Ball Clock Company in Cleveland Ohio ever made Grandfather Clocks.

We were told the one in the picture was made especially for Mr. Ball, but after much research cannot find any information.

Clock.jpg

2. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    oakland, ca.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    cindy - welcome! i can't answer your specific question, but i don't see anything that looks like a ball company clock.... i see two almost certainly 1920s-ish german clocks. who told you this, and based on what documentation? people put stuff on dials all the time that have nothing to do with the actual provenance... in this case 'ball' could have been the name of a store the clock was in, etc.

you can use google to find images of ball clock company models and you'll find nothing similar to what you've pictured: Ball Clock Company in Cleveland Ohio

3. CindyGlen

CindyGlen New Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Female
    Country Flag:
    The gentleman selling itTold me it was made for Mr Ball, there is no documentation to go along with it just a good story. He is asking 3000.00 and I feel at that price there should be something to trace this clock.

4. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    oakland, ca.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    the rules prohibit discussing live auctions or clocks for sale. questions of value on all other clocks can only be discussed in the 'what's it worth?' forums.

i'm going to lock this thread, but feel free to click on my name (under my photo on the left) and send me a PM (private message or conversation) and i will be glad to offer my personal opinion. PMs are, as named, private and not subject to the same rules.

5. Chris Radano

Chris Radano Registered User

Feb 18, 2004
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Without being an expert, I highly doubt this clock was made for Mr. Ball. When you see Ball on a clock dial, it's an American clock. Seth Thomas and Chelsea come to mind. The clock in the photo looks German.

Kevin W. likes this.
  6. Chris Radano

Chris Radano Registered User

Feb 18, 2004
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  7. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Agreed.

A common between the wars German tall case clock. The name on the dial? A retailer? Owner? Spurious to make someone think it was that Mr. Ball??

Not permitted to comment on prices/values here (there is a thread where it is permitted). However, I would be running from that deal as fast as I could.

RM

brian fisher likes this.
  8. brian fisher

brian fisher Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 20, 2017
    houston, tx
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    here is a little better photo of the dial that i found on the internet. "ball" looks like stickers to me.

and yes, i agree with mr. markowitz. this is not a clock worth buying by any means.

00909_8DUHbLyt7Do_600x450.jpg