Eureka Balance spring

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Titch, Sep 25, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Titch

Titch New Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Country Flag:
    I am very interested in the "Eureka" clocks and would be happy to exchange information.
    I need a replacement balance spring for a "Eureka"; does any one know where I may be able to get one?

2. Titch

Titch New Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone know of a source of replacement springs for the "Eureka"?
    Has any member made a replacement spring?
    JamesH

3. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, James, welcome to the message board. If you search the forum for "Eureka", you will find lots of information about these clocks. However, finding a balance spring will be more difficult. What is wrong with yours? Post a few pictures of your clock so we can see what you are up against.

4. John UK

John UK Registered User

Mar 25, 2006
    Balance springs were available from Horologix in the UK, but they no longer seem to do them. I'm not sure if anyone else does them.

5. Titch

Titch New Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Country Flag:
    The balance spring has been remade from what looks like piece of perhaps an alarm clock or large pocket watch spring?
    This has subsequently had another piece soldered on to it. It is successful in that the clock runs; albeit erratically and way too fast.
    The outside diameter is much larger than an original spring and looks all wrong.
    I would really like to get a replacement spring made, but realize that this may be problem.
    I have the specifications of the original springs, but matching the modulus of an original to get the 2 2/3 oscillations may require a lot of luck.
    James

6. Terry Gray

Terry Gray Registered User

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    Retired
    Rye East Sussex United Kingdom
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    TRY CARLTON CLOCKS,I HAVE JUST BROUGHT TWO SPRINGS FROM THEM