Badische Uhrenfabrik A G cottage clock?

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Stevieliver, Dec 17, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stevieliver

Stevieliver Registered User

Oct 7, 2014
    This is a small timepiece to complement my Ansonia cottage clock. From the mark, Crescent moon and B , I understand it is a Badische Uhrenfabrik A G clock. The only other identifying feature is a number 11 inscribed on the movement. The hands look original I think. The face is cardboard superimposed over the metal plate. Any other information would be welcome.
    Here are some (poor) photos. I am hoping Santa brings a new camera!

Trade mark 100_2754.jpg Front 100_2760.jpg Front door open, plate removed 100_2752.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Albra

Albra Registered User

Oct 17, 2006
    Stevieliver, yes this is a Cottage-clock of Badische Uhrenfabrik AG. (Baduf)

But since we know older movements for Cottage-clocks of Baduf than yours, I would date your clock about 1900/1910.

The number 11 on the movement might be the length of the pendulum in cm.

albra

3. Stevieliver

Oct 7, 2014
    That is very useful to know, thanks Albra. I am amazed that such a small movement produces such a loud tick tock! I can see that it is a little moer robust and sophisticated than my Ansonia.

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Pin pallet verge and club tooth escape wheel, like this one, the flat-top version of yours.

5. Stevieliver

Oct 7, 2014
    #5 Stevieliver, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Gosh, so it is. What a nice co-incidence! Mine cost £18, about $28. Not sure if I overpaid but I am not interested in value, they are just delightful things to own.