Bachmaier & Klemmer Cuckoo Clock

sherryply1

Nov 24, 2012
I have been left a Cockoo Clock I know that is over 50 yrs old, remember as little girl at grandmothers. Does work! Trying to get history on this clock. Inside on parts it say "Bachmaier & Klemmer" "G.M. 1884288 1892176 "No Jewels" "Made in West Bermany. The door panel has a Large #23 on it. It has two weights. The clock itself has 5 leafs and a bird, with grapes. The top part that gets attached on has a bird looking down at the grapes with two leafs. I have someone interested in this Clock and I just want as much info as I can find on this clock. Research I have found so far! I have found no clocks with bird looking down, I think it is it is WWII which my grandfather was in. How do I get info on this clock!

soaringjoy

Feb 12, 2009
Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
Country
Region
Welcome to the Message Board, Sherry and do enjoy your stay!

Well I hate to burst your bubble, but there were plenty of post WW 2 cuckoos, with
the bird looking down at the leaves.
What at least the term "Made in West Germany" tells us, is that the clock was made
during the period 1949 -1990.

I will be able to look up the GM numbers (Gebrauchsmuster, a utility model protection)
later, which will give us a "not before" dating. The German patent office server is down
at the moment.

B&K, of Berchtesgaden, were around from ca. 1950 to 1965 and they used the trademark "BUK"
in a clock dial.
The company still exsists, making precision springs and instruments.

Show us some pictures of the clock and the movement, if possible.
This link tells you how:
https://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?77917-How-To-Post-A-Picture-From-Your-PC-or-laptop

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruralchick
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller