AWI Publication Q&A Clockmaking

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by tomrsey, Sep 3, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tomrsey

tomrsey Registered User

Jul 27, 2002
    retired
    Pacific Northwest
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A book that I have found most helpful as a repair reference is Questions and Answers of and for the Clockmaking Profession. It was published by AWI in 1981. It is full of quick information in a question and answer format and has other sections of more detail with illustrations and photographs accompanied by explanatory text.The chap[ters are: I Clocks, some basic types; II The Wood Movement; III The Pendulum; IV (or IIII) Escapements - Recoil - Dead-Beat - Floating; V Trains - General fratures, Gearing; VI Poweer sources - Maingsprings; VII Strike Trains; VIII Pepivoting, Rebushing; IX Lathe work - Tools; X Dissasembly, Cleaning, Lubrication; XIMetals in Clockmaking; XII Theory, Mathematics, Electricity; XIII Striking Mechanisms; XIV Definitioons; XV Basic repair reprints (general repairs, Escapements, Heat Treating Metals); XVI Useful Tables; XVII Reference Books

Explanations seem to be clear and have been a big help to me in several repairs.

Tom Seymour
    NAWCC # 41293

2. tomrsey

tomrsey Registered User

Jul 27, 2002
    retired
    Pacific Northwest
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A book that I have found most helpful as a repair reference is Questions and Answers of and for the Clockmaking Profession. It was published by AWI in 1981. It is full of quick information in a question and answer format and has other sections of more detail with illustrations and photographs accompanied by explanatory text.The chap[ters are: I Clocks, some basic types; II The Wood Movement; III The Pendulum; IV (or IIII) Escapements - Recoil - Dead-Beat - Floating; V Trains - General fratures, Gearing; VI Poweer sources - Maingsprings; VII Strike Trains; VIII Pepivoting, Rebushing; IX Lathe work - Tools; X Dissasembly, Cleaning, Lubrication; XIMetals in Clockmaking; XII Theory, Mathematics, Electricity; XIII Striking Mechanisms; XIV Definitioons; XV Basic repair reprints (general repairs, Escapements, Heat Treating Metals); XVI Useful Tables; XVII Reference Books

Explanations seem to be clear and have been a big help to me in several repairs.

Tom Seymour
    NAWCC # 41293

3. tomrsey

tomrsey Registered User

Jul 27, 2002
    retired
    Pacific Northwest
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sorry about all the typing errors. I think you can still figure out the info.