Aurore brand mainspring chart needed

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by 4thdimension, May 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 4thdimension

4thdimension Registered User

Oct 18, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Someone recently gave me an Aurore mainspring system but I am baffled as to how to convert it to something I can understand. An example is a spring for an Omega 23.4 labeled X2601. It has metric measurements 14. 9mm. which I don’t compute. Some springs are labeled with “diam.” which also is a puzzle. There are a couple of thousand springs here but they’re useless until I figure this out. Help! -Cort

2. Skutt50

Skutt50 Registered User

Mar 14, 2008
    Male
    Gothenburg
    Country Flag:
    My guess is the the 14.9 mm refers to the barrel diameter.

3. 4thdimension

4thdimension Registered User

Oct 18, 2001
    Country Flag:
    I thought that might be the case too. I haven’t heard of springs categorized that way before. I’m too accustomed to the Dennison system I suppose. -Cort

4. John Runciman

John Runciman Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't suppose you can give us a random sampling of pictures of the various mainspring jpackages ust because? Then in newer catalogs the diameter would be the diameter of the outer mainspring so you know it can be inserted into the barrel. The problem with your diameter for that particular watch that's not the diameter? as an example for the Omega number you have I snipped out a section of a mainspring catalog and you can see the last numbers the diameter and it does not correspond.

Omega 23.4 mainspring selection.JPG