ATO ATO clocks

T

Timebroker

Hi,

Maybe this belongs in another section but do any of you know good websites for ATO clocks?
Or perhaps there are books available?

Filip

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
I recently bought a Leon Hatot ATO Wall clock manufactured 1926. This wall clock has a second dail that I have never dealt with. Does this second hand lift off like the clock hands.

Thanks
Russell

obliq view right.jpg pendulum.jpg second hand.jpg clock face.jpg

Reactions: S_Owsley

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
I use a book in my repairs on ATO clocks, it is more scarce than the Bulle book, it is ATO Battery Clocks by John Locke The diagrams are a god-send.

Reactions: S_Owsley

Toughtool

Aug 12, 2016
Panama City, FL
Country
Hans Vrolijk had this link at the bottom of his post. www.vrolijk-clocks.nl Very interesting info (in selectable languages) about the people who contributed to the development of things electrical. Gauss -unit of magnetism, Ohm- unit of resistance, Henry -unit of inductance, Ampere -unit of electrical current,... and many more. A must read. Joe

Reactions: swolf

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
I purchased this little bass wall clock at the same time I bought the #3003A wall clock, I just had to put a battery in it and off it took.

The wooden one is coming in from the UK next week around August 19th, can't wait to get it.
clock face.jpg clock face 2.jpg clock back open.jpg front of clock.jpg front of clock alt.jpg

Reactions: PatH

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
I have been working on translating a repair bulletin on the repair of 1/2 and 1/4 movements by Leon Hatot, in the bulletin he recommends cleaning the points with gasoline which I suppose would work, if you removed the battery first. He adds that no knowledge of electricity is NOT necessary to repair his clocks.

Russ

Repair cover.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxradio
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller