• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Atmos fork power

Mike74

Jan 26, 2010
Oneonta, Alabama
Country
Region
Hi all. Remember I am a shade tree mechanic,with just enough sense to work on everything. That said I have a problem with the fork on cal 528. Rotating counter-clock wise the fork gets a good push on release point but on the return,clockwise it slows down and will not get thru the rollers.

I have read all that I can find here and on Mikes page but I cannot find the same problem or just missed it.

Help and thanks, Mike

new_hampster

Aug 3, 2006
Country
Region
Check beat. Remove the movement, unlock the balance and let it come to rest on its own. At rest, the roller should face directly forward.

Ed O'Brien

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2009
Winter Park, FL
Country
Actually, the instructions do give an idea, in that they illustrate the clearance from the roller. I like just a little clearance, and you can determine the minimum by measuring the diameter of the roller. Usually a little extra clearance does no harm in my experience and often results in increased balance oscillation.

Mike74

Jan 26, 2010
Oneonta, Alabama
Country
Region
Actually, the instructions do give an idea, in that they illustrate the clearance from the roller. I like just a little clearance, and you can determine the minimum by measuring the diameter of the roller. Usually a little extra clearance does no harm in my experience and often results in increased balance oscillation.
Thanks Ed. I found it finally. '
On another subject, where can I get a ring stand for pendulum. The 2 blocks of plastic will not work for me.

Mike74

Jan 26, 2010
Oneonta, Alabama
Country
Region
You can measure, then turn a wooden one on a lathe.
Thanks Ed. I don't have all those good machines. Just an old wannabe clockrepair for my self.I never sell any of my clocks,guns,coins or anything else. Go figure. And thanks again for reply. Mike

Mike74

Jan 26, 2010
Oneonta, Alabama
Country
Region
Thanks Eric, Ed and new_hamster for advice. Atmos running fine for 48 hours now. You guys saved me a boatload of money. IMG_0605.JPG

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryjandrew
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit