ATMOS 560 Calendar setting

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by zygo, Oct 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. zygo

zygo Registered User

May 29, 2008
    Essex UK
    Country Flag:
    A few members here may already have experience of the ATMOS 560 caliber, some versions of which incorporate a calendar wheel (and a moonphase). Jaeger supply a double ended tool to set each, which their instruction booklet says can be turned in either direction for setting. The calendar wheel is about 60mm diameter and has a toothed edge (about 128 teeth) that runs directly off a small pinion (5mm dia) on the front of the barrel winding arbor (see photo) so as the winding arbor rotates it carries the calendar wheel (albeit . Rotating the tool, turns a wheel on the back of the moonphase dial that engages with the 5mm pinion (19 teeth?). So the idea, presumably, is that by turning the tool, you rotate the wheel on the back, which turns the 5mm pinion on the winding arbor, that then turns the calendar dial.
    But the 5mm pinion on the winding arbor is not just a friction fit - it appears to be driven on firmly, which means that to rotate it you must also rotate the winding arbor, which makes no sense to me.
    If any repairer or owner has got a calendar ATMOS, could they please tell me how stiff it is to turn the tool to set the month, and whether the whole winding arbor turns in the process? What am I missing here?
    Many thanks in advance....

IMG_0604.JPG

2. Peter Fleuren

Peter Fleuren New Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello, Do you have photos of the instruction booklet on how to adjust the calendar? What does the adjustment tool look like? Thanks in advance.