• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Atmos 519 pendulum lock not right

ALR guy

NAWCC Member
Jun 8, 2021
Country
Hi folks,
When I received this clock for repair the pendulum was loose and turning the locking arm did not change anything. Working with the pendulum and no suspension spring I can see that the locking mechanism does not lift the pendulum far enough to engage the locking ring against the bottom surface of the locking plate.

I suppose I could lower the ring on the locking post to raise the post as needed but I'm suspicious that a part is missing:
  1. There's a pointed set screw used to lock the upper ring.
  2. There's a nice deep dimple in the locking post suggesting that's where the pointed set screw should engage
  3. There is a through hole in the locking post with internal threads at the bottom of the hole
I've attached some photos showing these matters and hope somebody can enlighten me.

picture 2.jpg Locking mechanism.jpg Picture 1.jpg

new_hampster

Aug 3, 2006
Country
Region
There should be 2 pins and a small spring in the end of the post. Parts 3544 and 3545 in the repair notes. If the balance was not locked, those 3 pieces could have fallen out. Or maybe they were missing to begin with and that's why the balance was not locked. They go in order pin - spring - pin.

ALR guy

NAWCC Member
Jun 8, 2021
Country
Aha, thanks new_hampster. I would love to have specs for the pins and spring so I can make them myself and not have to buy. It looks like I'm also missing 2 other parts 3543 and 3565. Explains the empty internal threads I spotted at the bottom of the locking post. I was thinking that was for the caliber 528 only (can't find Caliber 519 repair notes).
Missing parts.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztrukin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent