• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Help Assistance with Notarisklok

AJB003

Feb 20, 2021
Country
Hi there,

I recently relocated to the USA with a Notarisklok from the Netherlands. The secondary (small) chains and weights are not currently set up. Is there any diagrams/videos of how these need to be set up?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
Hi there,

I recently relocated to the USA with a Notarisklok from the Netherlands. The secondary (small) chains and weights are not currently set up. Is there any diagrams/videos of how these need to be set up?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Could we see photos of the clock?

AJB003

Feb 20, 2021
Country
Could we see photos of the clock?
Hi there,

Thank you for your rapid response! Am currently out of town but will post as soon as I return in a couple of days. What specific pictures would assist? I can have the clock and the secondary weigths and chain (currently unattached). Is there anything else that would be helpful?

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Pics of the clock, then the movement front and back if possible. Get the best pics you can.

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
Here are some initial pictures. The final one is of the secondary chains/weights that I am trying to figure out how to add.
When you look at your third picture you will see a small, empty sprocket wheel (chain wheel) in the right upper region of the movement. That's where the chain with the small weights will go. It is for the alarm function of the clock. I would think that originally this wasn't a chain but a rope, because there is a small counter weight which wouldn't be needed for a chain. The chain is currently in two pieces that will need to be connected.

Uhralt

Reactions: AJB003

AJB003

Feb 20, 2021
Country
When you look at your third picture you will see a small, empty sprocket wheel (chain wheel) in the right upper region of the movement. That's where the chain with the small weights will go. It is for the alarm function of the clock. I would think that originally this wasn't a chain but a rope, because there is a small counter weight which wouldn't be needed for a chain. The chain is currently in two pieces that will need to be connected.

Uhralt
Thanks so much for this info! Will definitely look at getting the chain connected and added to the chain wheel. Really appreciate the help!

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
The best way to put the chain back together is to twist one link open, rather than trying to pry it open. Twisting is easier to put back, too ;)

Reactions: AJB003

AJB003

Feb 20, 2021
Country
The best way to put the chain back together is to twist one link open, rather than trying to pry it open. Twisting is easier to put back, too ;)
Thanks so much for the advice! Will definitely give that a go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susu
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre