National Meeting 2020 Ask Questions about the Dayton National convention here

Discussion in 'NAWCC Events' started by Tom McIntyre, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Tom McIntyre, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    This thread is available to ask questions about our upcoming National Convention in Dayton Ohio. This thread is where people will go if they click on the Question? link on the Convention web site https://natcon.nawcc.org/2020/

If you are unfamiliar with the Message Board, you may need to register for the Message Board or log into your account to post a question.

To ask a question click on the link above that says:
    Reply to Ask Questions about the Dayton National Convention Here

2. geno55

geno55 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2007
    I will not be attending how do I get refund for table and mart entrance Gene Piano

3. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You need to notify me and I will have the Treasurer issue a refund. I am the Registration Chair for the event.

The BOD will decide at their meeting next week how we should proceed. If possible, I would prefer that people wait until after the BOD meeting to request a refund even if they already know they will not attend.

See this nearby thread. National Meeting - 2020 - National Meeting is still on schedule for Dayton

4. geno55

geno55 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Hi Tom it can wait until then, thanks Gene

5. Ronnie Franklin

Ronnie Franklin Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 8, 2016
    #5 Ronnie Franklin, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Hello,

I realize, according to the website there is a meeting planned for today, the 16th so this may be mute as for the status of my registration and would then turn into a refund request.

On 3/14/2020 I registered and paid for mart tables I believe it was 5 table for that formed a end cap, registration for myself Ronnie and Janet. I have never received a conformation from anyone, nor am I listed on the attendees or table holders on the website.

I paid by PayPal and the money was sent to ebay@nawwcc.org

I also sent this information and PayPal transaction info to ebay@nawcc.org but have had no response.

Thanks!
    Ronnie

6. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I updated the convention site to show your purchase.

I have not yet read the results of tonight's BOD meeting.

7. Ronnie Franklin

NAWCC Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Thanks, Tom.

Jennifer Byers emailed me earlier today that the site had been updated... but that is now mute with the convention being cancelled.. now to wait on the official email tomorrow about how refunds will be handled.

Jim Price emailed me, a little after 8pm CST, the that the BOD voted to cancel.

8. Joepart

Joepart Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello, I know that the 2020 National has been canceled, and I am wondering when refunds will be issued.
    Thanks
    Joe Partington member #86135

9. Ronnie Franklin

NAWCC Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Same here... I made my payment via PayPal and the NAWCC. It should have been quick and easy to issue a refund!!

Thanks, Ronnie

10. Diana Kelly

Diana Kelly Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Female
    Auctioneer/Chief Operating Officer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    They sent an email out on April 17th which explained how they are handling it, and that full refunds would occur in May or June. In part that email stated:

"If you already registered for Dayton, NAWCC will refund your fees. Please note your refund options below:

1. If you’d like to help minimize the substantial losses to NAWCC resulting from this cancellation, you can donate all – or any portion of your refund – to NAWCC. NAWCC very much appreciates your help during these difficult times.  To donate your refund, just reply to this email and let us know how much you are willing to donate.  Please include your name and phone number so we can reach you if there’s a question.  Donations to NAWCC are fully tax-deductible. We will send you a receipt for your donation.

2. If you choose not to make a donation, there is no need to reply to this email. You will receive a full refund in May or June which allows time for processing and mailing, and for us to hear back from members wanting to make a donation."

11. Ronnie Franklin

NAWCC Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I did NOT receive an email

12. Diana Kelly

NAWCC Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Female
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't know how it was all organized exactly, but here is that full letter within the email. (I am also just a member with the NAWCC, not an employee. I am simply trying to help answer questions about refunds.)

Here is the full letter, minus the signatures at the bottom:

"Dear Friends,
    After much deliberation regarding the uncertainties caused by the current pandemic, NAWCC has decided to cancel this year’s National Convention in order to safeguard everyone’s health. We extend a sincere “Thank you!” to our host, Buckeye Chapter 23, and co-hosts, British Horology Chapter 159, and Cog Counters Chapter 194. Together with a team of 20 additional volunteers, they have been working on this event for nearly two years.

The good news is we will return to Dayton for our 2022 National Convention. The 2021 convention will be at the Hampton Roads Convention Center, Hampton, Virginia, and in 2023 we will be in York, Pennsylvania again to celebrate NAWCC’s 80th Anniversary.

If you already registered for Dayton, NAWCC will refund your fees. Please note your refund options below:

1. If you’d like to help minimize the substantial losses to NAWCC resulting from this cancellation, you can donate all – or any portion of your refund – to NAWCC. NAWCC very much appreciates your help during these difficult times.  To donate your refund, just reply to this email and let us know how much you are willing to donate.  Please include your name and phone number so we can reach you if there’s a question.  Donations to NAWCC are fully tax-deductible. We will send you a receipt for your donation.

2. If you choose not to make a donation, there is no need to reply to this email. You will receive a full refund in May or June which allows time for processing and mailing, and for us to hear back from members wanting to make a donation.

3. Cancellation of hotels, rental cars and flights:  If you booked at the Crowne Plaza Host Hotel using the NAWCC group code, your reservation will automatically be canceled. We will send you an e-mail confirming your cancellation. This will take about a week, so please wait for your confirmation. There is no need to for you to contact the Crowne Plaza directly if you receive an email cancellation confirmation.  If you booked at the Crowne Plaza, but did not use the NAWCC group code, or if you booked at any other hotel, you must cancel your reservation. Please remember to also cancel any airline or car rental reservations you have made.

We hope you will continue to support your NAWCC colleagues and friends by reaching out and staying in touch.

If there is anything NAWCC Headquarters can do to help, please contact us."

13. Ronnie Franklin

NAWCC Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Diana, Thanks but that was posted on the website and thus I have read it. This thread is monitored by NAWCC folks and I was really looking for an answer from them, as refunding a payment that was made electronically does not need to wait on the mail.

Thanks

14. Diana Kelly

NAWCC Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Female
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    They stated refunds would be issued in May or June to allow time for people to communicate if they prefer their payments be donated and not refunded. If you wish to know the exact timing of when your personal refund would occur, I would humbly suggest reaching out to them privately.

15. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ronnie, the on-line registrations were handled just like the mailed in registrations. The NAWCC sent the registration information to me and the Treasurer Melanie Bernhardt has been sending out refunds. I do not know why you have not received your refund or the email that was sent to your texans.net email address. You should also have received a physical letter in the mail, I believe.

The treasurer is not a message board user so I forwarded your problem notice to her along with the Partington notice. Joe's email was sent to his aol address.

I will post here when I know the mail date of the refunds.

Diana Kelly likes this.