National Meeting Ask Questions About the 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads VA Here

Pete Cronos

NAWCC Silver Member
Nov 25, 2002
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Country
Region
When will we know IF the 2021 National Convention will go as scheduled? It is scheduled for 6 months from today and some people need as much advance notice to make plans as possible. I know this depends on Covid results but when will a decision be made?

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I have been asked to complete and post the National Convention web site. You will have the information on the event available by Monday and the event will also be in the January/February Mart Magazine. It is currently planned to take place.

I will follow up here when the site is ready.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The 2021 National Meeting will be held from July 15 to July 18 in Hampton Roads Virginia.

The convention web site is https://natcon.nawcc.org/2021/. It is still under development as we complete gathering information on the speakers and programs.

Rich Newman

Chair
Director
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Apr 6, 2005
Illinois
www.colonialwatches.com
Country
Region
The convention is full speed ahead and the entire team (about 30 volunteers) are meeting every few weeks to achieve a safe and fun event. Details are on the convention website that Tom already discussed. As of two weeks ago, the host hotel, which is right next door to the convention center, was over 40% sold out!

Please register right away. The team really needs to have good estimates ASAP to do all the extra planning and work that we need to do to have a safe and fun event.

FDelGreco

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
I tried to register for the Embassy hotel room ($127/night -- a great rate) but when I hit the confirm button it kept saying that it didn't work. I tried at least four times. I then phoned the hotel where I was told that there was at least a half hour wait to get to the reservation desk. I called back several hours later -- same thing: More than a half hour wait. I then tried again online. Again it failed but I saw a chat tab. So I chatted with "Ares" who completed the reservation for me -- but I needed to give her the link from the NAWCC events page. So all is well. I'm set to go. Now I can complete the event registration.

Frank

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
And, strictly speaking and to be picky, shouldn't the actual location read Hampton, VA, rather than Hampton Roads, VA? AFAIK, Hampton Roads is, i.a., a geographical area covering some of SE Virginia and some of NE North Carolina.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Frank Is this the screen you used to try to register? You may have caught them at a busy time,but I had no problems registering on it.

There was a bit of a problem with links displaying properly that is due to my relative lack of skill in this area. But, I d.o not have any other reports of problems with the page shown
1617762982235.png

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
And, strictly speaking and to be picky, shouldn't the actual location read Hampton, VA, rather than Hampton Roads, VA? AFAIK, Hampton Roads is, i.a., a geographical area covering some of SE Virginia and some of NE North Carolina.
I just show names as they are given to me. Perhaps they mean to include a much larger service area with the name. The official web site for the convention center is https://thehrcc.com and they are careful to keep "roads" in pretty much all the references.

FDelGreco

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Tom:

Yes, that's the screen. I tried several times at different times. And the phones were backlogged as I said as well.

Frank

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I believe the plan is to offer a discounted membership deal. We will not have free admission to the Mart, but all the programs and exhibits are open to the public. Craft Competition and curated displays. And, the Mart entry with a year of membership will be a bargain for first timers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob aust
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre