• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Asian, but what country?

MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
I have an Asian clock and I am trying to find out more about it. It is either Japanese, Korean or Chinese and I would think one of the latter two. It is large and it has a movement with the pendulum hanger in the back rather than the front (that is common on other Asian movements). Does anyone know where the clock was made and about what year? Images attached.

sl right.jpg P2060033.JPG

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I think Willie has it about right. As for the date, perhaps 1970s? The dial and hands are nice and not quite what I would have expected. Is the dial brass or is that just the lighting?

Others may know more.

JTD

Reactions: leeinv66

MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
The dial is brass colored. The metal could be brass or perhaps tin.

The movement is held by 4 screws, but the pendulum hanger is also secured as well with two screws. You must assembled with that in mind. Also, the gong needs to be unscrewed to move it out of the way to get to the one screw of the movement. I little difficult to deal with - especially if you must take out a few times to adjust!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heresolong
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-