• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

As the years go by

dweiss17

Old Timer
NAWCC Member
Aug 1, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Country
Trying to keep busy, I am helping a nice lady in the United Kingdom (Kent, England) create a cat calendar that will feature felines from around the world. Some of you may be familiar with my entry, Johnnie II. Ms Dewberry's cat site is called The Daily Mews. My little biographic sketch features the three cats that kept me company for the past 16-17 years. I would like to think most people who live alone would be happy to be loved by a cat or dog…as the years of their lives go by.

Attachments

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
Dan,
I've seen photos of the three cats of yours. All beautiful animals.
It sounds like Ms. Dewberry is going to have a pretty neat calendar!

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
My father-in-law has an old cat that can hardly walk anymore. He's loved that cat since he found it abandoned maybe 15 years ago. I hate to think what it will do to him when she dies! He's 87 now, and lost his wife one year ago. He also has a second cat that was his wife's. It's fine with him, but mean to everyone else and refuses to be touched by even family! I hate to think what will happen to HER when HE dies too.

dweiss17

Old Timer
NAWCC Member
Aug 1, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Country
Shutterbug:

I just had to reply to your post concerning your faher-in-law. Sometimes a cat may need a psychiatrist, sometimes its human counterpart will need one. Just as human beings...all cats are individuals. They cannot help being who they are. My beautiful Johnnie II will not allow anyone to get near to her. In fact, today she heard the cleaning lady walk up the steps to our front door...Johnnie II runs away. Yet she knows the lady for some years now. Johnnie II will disappear if anyone comes into her home. Maybe, I should be proud...I am the only one who can be in the same room with her. Even then, she does me a big favor by allowing me to touch her. At times, she'll jump to my lap, put her beautiful paws up to my neck and look at her lover with her magnificent face.

Frankie Weiss and the first Johnnie were of a totally different nature. They loved all people. Johnnie II only tolerates and loves me. Go figure!