Arts and Crafts era mystery movement identification. Please help..

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rogersrr, Mar 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. rogersrr

rogersrr Registered User

May 19, 2016
    Hello all,
    I have a mystery movement from the Arts and Crafts era. There are no makers marks anywhere I can find. I need to fit it with a new rod/spring and bob. There is a 18cm over 158 stamp but nothing else. Has anyone ever seen or worked with one of these? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files: Download all post attachments

2. lpbp

lpbp Registered User

Aug 25, 2000
    Do you have the rest of the parts it looks like it's missing hour tube and the adjacent gear.

3. rogersrr

rogersrr Registered User

May 19, 2016
    Hello
    Yes it is complete except for the pendulum rod and bob and seems very impatient to run without them lol. Could be the low quality pics. My good camera is not working right now. Any ideas as to the maker or age?

4. rogersrr

rogersrr Registered User

May 19, 2016
    Here is a pic with the hour tube and gear. Sorry I originally posted the pic without them in error.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. jmclaugh

jmclaugh Registered User

Jun 1, 2006
    I understand these cases were typically made separately and supplied to be fitted with a movement as opposed to being made by a clock manufacturer. The best known examples of this type of Arts & Crafts clocks in the UK are Tudric.