Art Deco? K&O

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by tracerjack, Feb 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tracerjack

tracerjack Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Finished this one just this morning. (Please ignore my napkin leveling method.) Love the dial and the pendulum. Another one that I spent 3 times polishing as time on the movement. One shocker was I hung the pendulum and away it went. First time for that. And a good thing too, since I have never come across this particular saddle (Kundo bracket #28). I wasn't even sure what I would use if I had to adjust it. I assume it is friction fit, but can anyone tell me the best way to move this saddle for beat adjustment? Cause I doubt I'll get lucky twice and may need to adjust it in the future.

DSC_1367.JPG

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have one of these as well. I like the way the light bounces off the pendulum "squares"...more light than regular balls.

Does the saddle look like this? This is a shot of the parts after disassembly. The top block support just twists back and forth. If it doesn't want to turn, probably best to remove it and use some penetrating oil (I use Aerokroil) to loosen it up so that it can be moved more easily once in place.

Kurt

KundoOctSaddle.jpg

3. tracerjack

NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, that's the one. Can you move yours just with finger pressure?

4. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't recall now...but I was able to put it in beat. Sometimes I've been able to get something like a small screwdriver or thin ice pick to make an extension for additional leverage. But if it's locked up, nothing will help...it needs to be loosened up.

Kurt

5. tracerjack

NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks. I'm going to take it off and make sure it is working properly, then I can adjust the beat whenever.