Arnex Eagle Stand

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by glassman1986, Aug 20, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. glassman1986

glassman1986 New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I also have this beautiful Arnex Eagle watch holder but know little about it. I believe from posts on this site that Arnex is Swiss and made watches that are mostly lessor grade but some maybe will be mentionable. Can anyone shed any light on this eagle or point me in the right direction?

Attached Files:

2. Larry Treiman

Larry Treiman Registered User

Jan 18, 2009
    Tired and retired!
    So. Calif.
    #2 Larry Treiman, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    Hi glassman1986,

I believe that Arnex was an American firm that imported and marketed Swiss-made novelty and replica watches. I joined the NAWCC back in 1969, and shortly after joining I received in the mail an Arnex catalog. It was an attractive, full-color catalog showing the Arnex line of watches, and if I recall correctly, they also offered various display options such as your eagle watch holder. I disposed of the catalog many years ago, but now that questions about Arnex are coming up from time to time, I wish I had kept it. Since then I have seen many watches similar to Arnex being marketed under various other names.

Someone posted a question a while back about a watch and an Arnex eagle watch holder, but I don't think that person got a specific answer about the Arnex eagle. You might find that post by using the search function near the top (far right) of this page.

As I recall, most if not all of the Arnex watches had Swiss jeweled-lever movements of decent quality, probably 17-jewel. The Arnex pocket watches that I have seen usually had Unitas (now ETA) movements if memory serves. Sorry I can't be of more help. I wonder if anyone still has a copy of an Arnex catalog, and could look up your watch holder?

Larry Treiman

3. artbissell

artbissell Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Dec 4, 2009
    1979 startup ABCO Industrial Sales
    Boulder, CO Foothills
    Region Flag:
    Another old one. No markings. Large and heavy. Brass, bronze well aged surfaces. Anyone recognize or know history?

Attached Files: