Are old Bulletins worth any thing?

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by gordon, Sep 21, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gordon

gordon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Retired from GM engineering labs.
    Canton, Michigan 48187
    Country Flag:
    Hello All

Are old Bulletins, and issues of Horological Times worth any thing? If so where is the best place to sell them?

When I see them at a Mart they are still on the table at the end of the Mart.

Gordon

2. Dave D

Dave D Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I can only speak for myself, but now that the old ones are all on line, the hard copies have little value to me.
    Dave

3. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    gordon, I still like having the hard copies handy when I want to look something up. Newer members would probably be interested in buying them, if priced right. You could try an ad in the new 4sale site.

4. Fortunat Mueller-Maerki

Fortunat Mueller-Maerki National Library Chair
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Male
    Horological Bibliographer -
    Sussex New Jersey USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Mnay shortsighted members have never valued the Bulletin, current or old. Many show up still in their envelope unrread in the mart.

But the majority of the members greatly value their Bulletins and like to assemble a complete set at home for reference purposes. I myself get mine bound into hardcover books every yearand I have every issue including all special issues, standing side by side on my bookshelves.But most who seek to have a set probably by now have one, except for new members, so it is a bit of a chancey thing selling sets. Selling incomplete years is difficult, especially now that any issue is available online..

5. gordon

gordon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Retired from GM engineering labs.
    Canton, Michigan 48187
    Country Flag:
    Hello All
    I have more hope in selling these old copies.

Gordon

6. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Back in the 70's, I was paying $3 a copy to get issues to complete my set. I've picked up a lot of dulicates over the years and often end up giving them away to new members, who seem like they would value them.

Ralph