• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Anything special? Waterbury glass star pendulum

JeffG

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2020
St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Country
Region
Good day!

I recently bought this little Waterbury (Beacon?) clock and I don't think I'll do much to it except clean it up bit and service the movement. I am considering pulling the pendulum apart and releafing the backside of the glass. Since I've not seen one like it before, I figured I should check here first and see if there's a good reason to leave it be.
Thanks!

wtbry1.jpg wtbry2.jpg

Reactions: Calvin H. Huynh

fieldtripwi

NAWCC Member
Jan 8, 2018
Wisconsin, USA
Country
Region
i haven't seen ones that are 'leafed' but rather painted (green, blue, etc.) and the back of the sandwich glass was plaster, i thought.

JeffG

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2020
St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Country
Region
This project got back-burnered and is tucked away in a box at the moment. I don't remember a plaster back, though. I'll report back when I get to it.

S_Owsley

NAWCC Member
Jan 24, 2011
San Francisco
Country
Region
Just my opinion, but I think anything you attempt to do to improve the appearance is likely to have the opposite result. I'd leave well enough alone and I think it looks just fine the way it is.

Reactions: Cdsilcox70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexus08
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-