• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Anyone recognize this logo?

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
is a J in a nine pointed star also a Junghans
I have never seen a nine pointed star.

When I expand the picture, the stamping looks irregular - some sides of the star are thicker than other sides. I would expect uniformity.

Please post pictures of the movement.

I suppose a remote possibility is the clock is a Junghans clock but manufactured outside Germany.

Just recently, a Junghans wall clock that was manufactured in Italy was presented on this forum. This was the first non-swinger, Italian made Junghans that I ever saw. That movement showed a date stamp (which Junghans is known for) that did not fit the dating protocol for Junghans in the particular year of manufacture. But, I had no reason to doubt its authenticity and I assumed that the Italian manufacturing plant used different identification protocols than the German manufactured products.

However, as I stated above, a picture of the movement could be very helpful.

Regards.

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region

lpbp

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
Can you show us a picture of the movement, I'm suspecting it's Japanese.

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
The link you provided does not show or reference a 9 pointed star, such as the OP's logo.

Can you show a 12 pointed star from Junghans? I have never seen a Junghans star with more than 8 points.

Thanks and regards.
I am reasonably sure that Junghans never had a nine point star and the 12 point was a joking reference to the starburst type wall clocks. ;)