Anyone know the model name of this Ansonia?

T.Cu

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
Country
Region
Hi, It's my new baby. It is cast iron, has an odd looking (to me) round almost "french style" (in some ways) movement. Like it has movement straps, but not attached to a french rear door, like that. Cute little pendulum. The dial is a celluloid material. Decorations look to be spelter, and the cast iron seems to have a overall patterned paint job, kind of nice, I think. When it gets cleaned up, anyway... it is in "as found" condition but will be all fixed up when I can get to it.
If you can ID the model it will have a name! Thanks for looking at it, Tim

IMG_8529.JPG IMG_8533.JPG IMG_8530imp.jpg IMG_8532imp.jpg

Reactions: Dave T

KyleG

Nov 4, 2006
Country
Region
Hi, It's my new baby. It is cast iron, has an odd looking (to me) round almost "french style" (in some ways) movement. Like it has movement straps, but not attached to a french rear door, like that. Cute little pendulum. The dial is a celluloid material. Decorations look to be spelter, and the cast iron seems to have a overall patterned paint job, kind of nice, I think. When it gets cleaned up, anyway... it is in "as found" condition but will be all fixed up when I can get to it.
If you can ID the model it will have a name! Thanks for looking at it, Tim

View attachment 640511 View attachment 640512 View attachment 640514 View attachment 640515
Appears to be the 'Montague' from the 1914 catalogue shown on page 292 of Tran Ly's '98 book. 11-1/2" high x 12-3/4" wide. Shown at $400 in Tran Ly's 2004 price book. Different dial and paint scheme than shown in the book, but shape and spelter decorations match.

T.Cu

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
Country
Region
Appears to be the 'Montague' from the 1914 catalogue shown on page 292 of Tran Ly's '98 book. 11-1/2" high x 12-3/4" wide. Shown at $400 in Tran Ly's 2004 price book. Different dial and paint scheme than shown in the book, but shape and spelter decorations match.
Thank you KyleG, I'll try to find a pic online now that I have a name for it to hunt for. I appreciate it. Tim

T.Cu

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
Country
Region
..and PS: I looked up the model and found a number or photos of it with different dial treatments.
Only one set of pics of the movement, and that picture showed the more typical Ansonia movement in there. My movement has straps which are screwed to the back of the case, not into a rear bezel as there isn't one. And peeking in there, the front seems to have some big old screws connecting it to the dial assembly.
See this photo, below, for an ownership mark from 1906, so I guess Ansonia made this clock for a number of years. I looked up the family of Adolph Yunker and they were still in N.J., where this clock came from to me.
It will be fun to start on this clock, maybe I will start it "out of turn" ha ha. Exciting stuff, Thanks again!

IMG_8522imp.jpg

Last edited:

T.Cu

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
Country
Region
Hmm, also now see the dial is not the vinyl type but the porcelain type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClockWonderer
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff