anyone have "britten's old clocks watches & their makers"?

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by horolojeep, Apr 9, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. horolojeep

horolojeep Registered User

Jan 6, 2012
    I have a copy but just found out it's missing pages 343-346. I guess that was a couple pages to a leaf inside the book and didn't realize it was missing until today. I am looking for a particular entry that should be in the "former clock and watch makers" section, but my copy skips from "Broe, H" to "Cabanel, Louis". Any help would be appreciated!

2. Richard Watkins

Richard Watkins Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Which edition. What date?

3. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Pages 384-391 in my 9th edition copy.

4. ocram

ocram Registered User

Oct 17, 2011
    Roma
    "Broe, H" is the last entry of page 342, "Cabanel, Louis" the first one of page 347. It's the 7th edition, isn't it?
    // ocram

Attached Files:

5. Jerry Treiman

Jerry Treiman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Geologist - California Geological Survey
    Los Angeles, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is a great book and my first real introduction to Horology (with a capital H), which I read cover to cover. My brothers gave me my copy as a BD present when I was 17.

6. horolojeep

horolojeep Registered User

Jan 6, 2012
    thank you all for your help! mine is the seventh edition, 1956. I had this book for several years, and had never looked at the page numbers that were missing. considering i can see a binding thread where the pages should be, the whole "leaf" must have fallen out and taken another with it.
    So sorry it took so long to reply, that's what happens when I don't go online for a couple days! thank you all, the info was very helpful.
    :excited: