Anybody know where I can get one of these?

Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Jan 12, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO.
Country
Region
Sorry but I have looked everywhere. Anyone know where I can get a back door for a French or Ansonia clock? It is a 5 inch, with two screw holes at 0900 and 0300 positions, center to center and is brass with a hinge on top. Looks like the photo shown...Please check your junk /parts box....Thanks in advance for checking. :)Maybe I can help someone with their project who knows? Mike

Attachments

Scottie-TX

Deceased
Apr 6, 2004
Mesquite, TX
Country
Region
Well, you probably already foreknew the likely reply. Clock meets, obviously, but more conveniently - eBay. Occasionally they come up alone but far more often as a complete movement. You may have to buy a complete movement and resell without it's back. I have one here with a complete movement but it's only four anda half. You might also consider as I've done - settle for a slightly smaller one and make a brass trim ring to build out it's diameter.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Perhaps a metal worker could duplicate the part for you.

Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Jan 12, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO.
Country
Region
Hello again. I have had off line emails about this back door. It has to be 5 inches round of coarse,made of what appears to be brass and it fits inside the center of a ring and attaches with a hinge at the clock at 1200 position. The two screw holes are at 900 and 300 position on the clock. Mike
As you can see the back door does fit inside the ring . As you can see in the last photo( not my clock by the way) the door is in a clock showing what it is supposed to look like. Mike

Attachments

Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Jan 12, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO.
Country
Region
Ya well, They usually are sold together with the movement, dial and back door for a high price, with or without a clock. And, of coarse they are usually sought after and the price goes up to high for me.( Ebay) Seldom are they sold separately. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmedora
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller