• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Barr & Poole Any Poole Electric experts here?

Stan S

Apr 29, 2013
Boca Raton, Fl
Country
Region
I just got this one and need some help to get it runing. The battery terminals need cleaning as do one of the wiring connections. What should I be looking for to get it working?
DSC00268.jpg DSC00266.jpg DSC00265.jpg DSC00264.jpg

Jmeechie

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2010
Country
Region
Hi Stan,
these Poole clocks are fairly robust clocks and in MHO relatively not very finicky! Make sure the battery terimials are clean (your already on this), and the contact switch is clean.
Hopefully no one has gave it the WD40 treatment at some point in its life, as these clocks are a bit of a workout disassembling, cleaning and reassembling! They riveted the plates together and you'll need to drill and tap the posts for a complete overhaul! Oh and these movements do not need the pivots oiled, though I wipe them with oil personally!
Oh, there's much debate on a well running clock will rewind, lifting the weight. My feeling is as long as the roller is free and not dragging it should rewind about every 20-30 pendulum swings!
Cheers,
James

Stan S

Apr 29, 2013
Boca Raton, Fl
Country
Region
Thanks for the information, I found an article about the clock in the bulletin, now I need to read it .