Any movement as Synchron A43RA running at 220V, 50Hz?

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Roberto39, Jan 27, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Roberto39

Roberto39 New Member

Jan 27, 2017
    Country Flag:
    When in USA I bought a beautiful wall clock, running at 110V, 60Hz. Brought to Europe, I have of course some problems. The voltage is 220V: ok, just a transformer can solve. But the frequency is 50 Hz. From USA I bought a "high-quality inverter", powered by 12 Vdc, with output 110 Vac and frequency "stable and sinusoidal," says the producer, at 60Hz. But the clock does not keep time, it goes a bit 'forward. The movement is a Synchron A43RA-6-76 0020. In your opinion, can I find (and where) a replacement movement, running at 220Vac 50Hz? Should I just change the movement or the whole assembly? Or should I operate (but do not know how: I do not have the circuit diagram) on the inverter? I would like to see it work well: it's too nice! Thank you for your patience and your suggestions: only here I can find an answer.
    Pictures:

2. Tinker Dwight

Tinker Dwight Registered User

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA
    You might post a picture of the motor. Many of these have motors that
    come in 60Hz and 50Hz types.
    Your inverter is not intended to run a synchronous clock. It is intended to
    be used with transformer equipment that would over heat with a square
    wave inverter.
    Tinker Dwight

3. harold bain

harold bain Forums Administrator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    self-employed in the clock business
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There should be a motor available in the correct voltage and frequency. Yours was made in 1976

4. ElectricTime

ElectricTime Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 28, 2002
    you either have to find a frequency stable 60Hertz source (which would be quite expensive) or a 50HZ motor.

The motor is made by Hansen mfg - you could contact them and ask who has purchased a 50HZ version of this motor and purchase them from this firm. As hansen has a large minimum order.

5. Snapper

Snapper Registered User

Nov 30, 2014
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Country Flag: