• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Any Information Appreciated

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
Hello.I have seen a post from Graham dated feb 4 2007 about a Romanet Morbier Clock with a Brocot escapement.I have owned one of these clocks for years and would like to know some info about it please.Having moved clock has stopped.By trial and error i have got it working again correctly but info was next to nothing.It did not help that a italian clock shop sticker was covering the Morbier stamp on movement.It is a long case,Westminster,3 weights.Cheers.Col.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

I think Bruce's suggestion will surely help you. And photos of your clock would also be welcome.

Let us know how you get on.

JTD

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Country
Region
Hello Col 66. Welcome!

I assume the thread you referenced was this one: Romanet Morbier FFP France
Here are a few more:
Romanet Morbier
carillon romanet morbier veditable westminster ave maria
FFR Morbier Carillon Romanet

There are probably more.

You can direct Google to search a specific site like ours.
See this link: Searching the Message Board using Google

If you want to attach photos to your postings, here's how:
How To Attach Photos To Your Posts

Take a good look around and please let us know if you have any specific questions.

Once again, Welcome.

Regards,

Bruce

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
Hello.Thanks for link.I have sorted out the beat and correct time.Cheers.Col

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
Hello Bruce.Thanks for the welcome and reply.I am trying locate spare parts for this clock.The reference is correct.I have a couple of pictures that i will try and load up.It is the same clock.So is it a clock made in the 1920's/1930's.Cheers.Col. Camara Card 1 G 004.JPG U.S Ship 021.JPG

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I think you really need to post clearer pictures. Please post some sharp, clear photos of the dial and also of the movement, particularly the back plate.

What spare parts are you looking for and why?

JTD

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
Hello JTD.I will send some better pictures.Looking for 14/hour and hour fan governor's.I think that is what they are called.The outside pin's are broken and also the fan section seems very loose on the pin.Cheers.Col. 1075.JPG 1072.JPG

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
The logo on your movement was not registered until 1939. I think your clock is a good deal newer than that, but cannot tell you exactly when it was made.

You can buy new fans, but you often have to alter them to make them fit. There looks to be nothing wrong with your fan, but it seems the pivot has been broken off one end. A competent clock repairer could re-pivot it for you.

The fan is not supposed to be fixed rigidly, it is meant to have some movement. If necessary, you can re-tension it by removing it from the arbor and adjusting the spring.

JTD

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
That's good news to hear that the pivot can be repaired.Thank you for your help.Cheers.Col.

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
These Romanet weight driven floor clocks were popular during the 1960s-1970s and were in direct competition with the likes of Kieninger and Hermle. As always they are styled to look older than they really are. Clocks from this period typically incorporated older elements such as porcelain embossed numerals, "Tempus Fugit", and other old-timey highlights.

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
So it is possible this clock was made in the 1960;s/1970,s.I am just getting a pin replaced and then i can put it back together.Then i will put on some photo's of it working.Cheers.Col.

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
Hello.I am still trying to work out where and when my clock was built.I will upload some photos.Cheers.Col.

IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1241.JPG

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Hello.I am still trying to work out where and when my clock was built.I will upload some photos.Cheers.Col.

View attachment 551062 View attachment 551063 View attachment 551064 View attachment 551066
Welcome to the board.

I believe the "Hertz" mark on the dial indicates that your clock was cased or retailed by The Hertz Italia Clock Company, an Italian company.

Your movement, however, was made in France. Unfortunately, I can not decipher the first word in the mark before the word "Morbier". Perhaps you can let us (or at least me:)) know what the word is.

I do not know much about the Hertz Italia Clock Company, specifically if they had a manufacturing operation in France or if they were limited to making cases and/or retailing, as opposed to making movements. And there is not much information on this board regarding that company. This thread is only the third thread on this board requesting information about Hertz in the 19 years that the board has been in existence:).

Regards.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Your movement, however, was made in France. Unfortunately, I can not decipher the first word in the mark before the word "Morbier". Perhaps you can let us (or at least me:)) know what the word is.
I think it has been established in earlier posts that the mark is that of Romanet Morbier.

JTD

Col 66

Sep 9, 2019
Country
Welcome to the board.

I believe the "Hertz" mark on the dial indicates that your clock was cased or retailed by The Hertz Italia Clock Company, an Italian company.

I do not know much about the Hertz Italia Clock Company, specifically if they had a manufacturing operation in France or if they were limited to making cases and/or retailing, as opposed to making movements. And there is not much information on this board regarding that company. This thread is only the third thread on this board requesting information about Hertz in the 19 years that the board has been in existence:).

Regards.
I think it has been established in earlier posts that the mark is that of Romanet Morbier.

JTD
Hello.Thank you for this information.The clock movement says ROMANET Morbier France.Is there any reason why romanet is in all capital letters while the other words are as they are.Also is it possible to find parts for the movement.Also the number 80071.Cheers.Col.

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
It all boiled down to whoever designed the signature stamp. Parts for these movements are not being made anymore and have not been for quite a while.