Any historical info on Clebar ?

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by doug sinclair, Oct 30, 2000.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Steven,

I can give you a bit of information on the Clebar name which may help you obtain a more complete profile on the company. The Clebar name was distributed in Canada by Norle Ltd. of Montreal, Quebec. Whether they were the owner's of the name or just the distributors I am unable to tell you, but the Canadian trade mark registry for 1985 indicates that they owned the name for Canada. I am unble to tell you if Norle is still in business, but I would suggest that the watch was supplied to them by any one of a number of Montreal watch brokers. Hope this helps.

Doug Sinclair
    # 083914

2. goldsmithworks

goldsmithworks Registered User

Mar 28, 2009
    ZODIAC SA, Le Locle, Neuchatel, Geneve Other company names: ARISTE CALAME, MONTRES ZODIAC, ARISTE CALAME FILS, MANUFACTURE D’HORLOGERIE "ZODIAC-CALAME CO.; ZODIAC WATCH CO.; New York, ZODIAC WATCH AGENCY, New York, ZODIAC WATCH CO.; ZODIAC, CALAME & CO.
    Other brand and model names; AEROSPACE GMT, ARCALA, ASTROGRAPHIC, AUTOGRAPHIC, BARRISTER, BRIGHT, CLEBAR, COLORMAIC, CORPSAIR, DARLING, DATO-GRAPHIC, DESERTMASTER, GLORIOUS, GOLDENLINE, GRACE, GUADSMAN, HOROSCOP, JET AERONAUT, LUCKY STAR, LUMINOUS, OLYMPOS, OLYMPUS, PHARAON, ROTOGRAPHIC, ROTOMATIC, SEA SKATE, SEAWOLF, SST, STAR-O-GRAPHIC, STEWARDESS, SUPER SEA WOLF, TIDY, ZODIAC-INCASECURIT, ZODIAC, ZODIAC SPORT

3. Montres Man

Montres Man New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    The brand was first used in September of 1925, but was not registered until 1948. The main product line of the brand originated with stop watches and rally timers. The brand eventually introduced wrist watches and specialized in chronographs, although it did produce a few models that were not chrono. Clebar watches were distributed by Edward Trauner Corp who also distributed the brand Zodiac. Clebar watches were also manufactured in Le Locle by Zodiac.

4. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the MB,

Your informative post certainly seems to answer the question as to the name Clebar. This thread is a few monthe old at this point. I hope the person who started the thread sees your reply.

Thnaks again,

Doug S.