• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

$ Any help would be great.

Dosceola

Nov 16, 2020
Country
Hello. I'm looking for help. Can anyone identify this clock for me or point in right direction.
Thanks in advance. 20201116_074554.jpg 20201116_074737.jpg 20201116_074802.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

It is a German clock, made by Kienzle, probably in the 1920s. Is it missing a hand ?

JTD

Dosceola

Nov 16, 2020
Country
Welcome to the board.

It is a German clock, made by Kienzle, probably in the 1920s. Is it missing a hand ?

JTD
No I've got it. it looks like someone pushed on the clock too hard or something or wanted too tight it's kind of bent a little bit in the clockwork do you know any kind of value I could place on this thing or where I would look up it's value I guess?

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
do you know any kind of value I could place on this thing or where I would look up it's value I guess?
Welcome to the forum.

Your best avenue for determining value is probably completed sales on e-bay.

You now know what you have - a Kienzle tall case (grandfather) clock, circa 1920.

What type of value are you requesting - resale, insurance or estate?

Regards.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
do you know any kind of value I could place on this thing
I have added a Value tag to this thread maybe someone will give you a
value. I do agree with new2clocks ebay completed listings is a
great place to determine market value.

Rob

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
How tall is the clock? From the photo I was thinking it was smaller than a usual grandfather clock, more the size of a granddaughter clock, but perhaps it was just the camera angle.

JTD

Dosceola

Nov 16, 2020
Country
Welcome to the forum.

Your best avenue for determining value is probably completed sales on e-bay.

You now know what you have - a Kienzle tall case (grandfather) clock, circa 1920.

What type of value are you requesting - resale, insurance or estate?

Regards.
Resale value.

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Resale value.
Keep in mind that a tall case clock will be expensive to pack and ship and this could adversely effect your sales price. A local sale, especially to one who can transport the clock on their own, could be the best in terms of the price you receive.

Also, I am not sure when or how you acquired the clock, but tall case prices have come down quite a bit over the last 10 to 15 years.

Regards.

Dosceola

Nov 16, 2020
Country
Keep in mind that a tall case clock will be expensive to pack and ship and this could adversely effect your sales price. A local sale, especially to one who can transport the clock on their own, could be the best in terms of the price you receive.

Also, I am not sure when or how you acquired the clock, but tall case prices have come down quite a bit over the last 10 to 15 years.

Regards.
Thanks for info. I got the clock for free and I don't necessarily want to get rid of it I don't know if it'll increase in value or not but I guess I wouldn't miss an opportunity.

Dosceola

Nov 16, 2020
Country
How tall is the clock? From the photo I was thinking it was smaller than a usual grandfather clock, more the size of a granddaughter clock, but perhaps it was just the camera angle.

JTD
It has to be close to 6 ft tall. I did have some one tell me that it was a granddaughter clock one time and I don't know what the difference would be I guess

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMW24
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions