Any experiences with COSERV for Vintage Seikos?

gatorcpa

May 7, 2007
Country
I have several vintage Seikos, one of which had a little accident last week.

Here is a "before" picture of my chronograph 6138-8030:

Picture009.jpg

Unfortunately, the entire bezel assembly fell off the watch while I was wearing it, so at this point it's down to the dial. Movement was unharmed and is still keeping perfect time.

I called Seiko USA, who were nice enough to at least look up the part numbers of the missing pieces. Here they are:

Crystal - 340W18GN00
Glass Gasket - EZ3190B04
Bezel - 83336929
Dial Ring (Tachymeter) - 83071504

Although they are listed as "Discontinued", COSERV suggested that I send in the watch anyway. They said that there is a department in NJ that services vintage Seikos and has access to discontinued parts for some models.

Has anyone here had experience sending their vintage Seiko watch to COSERV? Were they able to get the old parts for you?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and you may send a PM or e-mail through this site if you prefer. I'm looking for honest feedback.

Also, if anyone know of an outlet for vintage Seiko parts...couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks in advance,
gatorcpa

PS - I also tried to order these parts from Jules Borel as their prices are fairly reasonable. However, all were on backorder with the exception of the glass gasket, which was unavaliable. I cancelled the order, as I figured that without all the parts, I might as well try Seiko/COSERV.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
If you can find out what kind of gasket this watch uses (flat, o-ring, etc) you should be able to order a generic replacement that would work just fine. I've used Coserv once to replace a crown in a relatively new watch. They did a find job, and the turnaround time was about 4 weeks. The cost wasn't cheap, but it wasn't excessive, and I couldn't get the part anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caddafee
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff