AntiqueClocksPriceGuide.com - Where'd They Go???

mlschlot

NAWCC Business
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2001
Fairhope, Alabama
thesandsoftime.biz
Country
Region
AntiqueClocksPriceGuide.com has disappeared from the web. Did they close up shop, or did they move to a new domain? They were a really nice reference source, particularly for the higher end clocks. I'm going to miss them.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
That's a good question. I get some gobbledy-gook website when I try to find them. Server problems perhaps forcing them down temporarily?

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
For me, too, now, but for awhile it was not. There seem to have been some updates done.

mlschlot

NAWCC Business
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2001
Fairhope, Alabama
thesandsoftime.biz
Country
Region
They're back. I guess they were having server problems or something. I was getting the GoDaddy.com domain registration web site, so I thought they abandoned their domain name and shut down operation.

jsavage

Feb 13, 2001
Hi all,

This is Jeff responding from AntiqueClocksPriceGuide.com. I'm glad to hear we were missed, even if it was just for a half day. We did have some temporary problems - ahem... my fault: I missed our domain renewal by a day (I felt like an idiot!) and GoDaddy, our registrar, was awfully quick to change the DNS to a parked page. Not to worry, there is a pretty long grace period for procrastinators like me, and we are all set for another few years with our domain. We intend to be around for quite some time to come. We are up to around 42,000 visitors and 625,000 page views per month, which coninues to amaze us. And the number one city for sending the most visitors per month is...... London! with more than 4,000 visitors per month. New York is second.

BTW, Ryan and I (it's just the two of us who work on the site) have been hard at work revamping the site to make it more user friendly and with more resources as well. Hope to have it done by the end of the year. I'll post a notice here and y'all can come check out the improvements if you'd like.

Best wishes for a good holiday season and a better year to come! Jeff Savage, AntiqueClocksPriceGuide.com

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Thanks for the update Jeff, i enjoy your web site, great job.

Dave B

Banned
Jun 7, 2008
Westminster. MD
Country
WOW!! When was the last time anyone ever got a reply from a webmaster when the site went whacko? Thanks, Jeff!

selkirksiegy

Jun 29, 2016
Country
10 /29/2019
I am having difficulty getting on "Antiqueclockspriceguide" again.
Anyone else??
Jerry Siegrist

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country
10 /29/2019
I am having difficulty getting on "Antiqueclockspriceguide" again.
Anyone else??
Jerry Siegrist
I cannot reach the site....I am located in TX

It appears that the owner of the site is in California...not sure where the servers are located. Perhaps fire related?

Bruce Alexander

NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Country
Region

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region
I've done a little online research and it looks like the site is registered in Sebastopol California. This IS in one of the fire zones that has been under an evacuation order. No idea where the server is located. Hopefully all is well with the owner and he can get back to normal before long.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caterido
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions