Antique Watch Restoration Volume III

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by chadders1966, Jan 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chadders1966

chadders1966 Registered User

Oct 15, 2014
    England
    Country Flag:
    I received a copy of the above Archie Perkins last week and am currently slowly going through it. Just as interesting (and useful) as the previous two books I think. It looks like it was compiled/edited by his son - does anybody know if there are any more volumes planned?
    Stephen

2. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Where did you find that book. I can;t seem to find it.

Thanks, Ralph

3. chadders1966

Oct 15, 2014
    England
    Country Flag:
    I wasn't looking for it at the time, a bookseller I have used before (Jeffrey Formby Antiques) contacted me to let me know they had it in stock.
    Stephen

4. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
  5. deloid

deloid Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Stephen,

I have volume one and his lathe book. Both are excellent. What did you think of volume 2? I was concerned that it might venture into rare restoration needs.
    Dean

6. chadders1966

Oct 15, 2014
    England
    Country Flag:
    Dean
    I don't know if you are aware, but I think all the books are compiled from articles he wrote over the years. You could probably therefore look at the chapter headings for each volume to see if they would be of any use to you. If I listed them in the order I have made use of them it would probably be Vol I, III then II. However I would still have bought them anyway as they are a great store of knowledge a man built up over the years. Similar to the George Daniels book to me - I doubt I'll get much practical use out of that, but it is fascinating.
    Stephen