Antique Swiss Pocket Chronograph Amazingly Accurate!

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by finiteguy, Dec 6, 2004.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. finiteguy

finiteguy Registered User

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi All: I recently had my antique swiss chronograph repaired. It neeeded a main spring and also, was cleaned oiled and regulated.
    I have had the watch back for close to a week and this watch is as accurate as my quartz Tissot!
    I'm amazed that such and old watch can be so precise. The guy who repaired the watch idicated that it was probably late 1800's and I discovered that the movement is probably Nicolet. The watch was not particularly accurate before it was serviced. I guess that says something for periodic cleaning of antique watches. I have other Walthams that were serviced by the same guy and they all greatly improved in accuracy after they were cleaned, oiled, and regulated.
    Robert

2. finiteguy

finiteguy Registered User

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi All: I recently had my antique swiss chronograph repaired. It neeeded a main spring and also, was cleaned oiled and regulated.
    I have had the watch back for close to a week and this watch is as accurate as my quartz Tissot!
    I'm amazed that such and old watch can be so precise. The guy who repaired the watch idicated that it was probably late 1800's and I discovered that the movement is probably Nicolet. The watch was not particularly accurate before it was serviced. I guess that says something for periodic cleaning of antique watches. I have other Walthams that were serviced by the same guy and they all greatly improved in accuracy after they were cleaned, oiled, and regulated.
    Robert